AMA Phoenix Chapter is always looking for talented volunteers to help our organization continue to be the premiere professional association for marketers in Arizona.
Volunteer Job Descriptions
The Treasurer, an Executive Committee and Board of Directors volunteer position of the AMA Phoenix Chapter, oversees or performs the financial processing, tracking, reporting, and collection of all Chapter funds in order to monitor and manage the financial performance and health of the Chapter in achieving its financial goals.
Required Time Commitment
Approximately 3 Hours per Week
- Maintain Chapter financial accounts.
- Receive and disburse all Chapter funds.
- Deposit all received checks promptly!
- Monitor the disbursement of funds and compare income and expenses to the Chapter budget throughout the year.
- Maintain official Chapter records with the date of each member’s last dues payment. Receive and verify dues collected and remitted monthly from AMA.
- Prepare monthly reports and send them to AMA each month.
- Attend weekly AMA Phoenix Chapter Executive Committee meetings.
- Attend monthly AMA Phoenix Chapter Board of Directors meetings to present monthly income and expenses financial reports.
- Prepare a statement of financial condition at year-end. Include a copy of the preliminary budget and the actual expenditures by category. Send copies to the President and AMA.
- At year-end, oversee completion of the Professional Chapter Financial Report Form, signed Signature Page with June 30th Reconciled Bank Statement and sent to AMA by August 31.
- Secure signature cards and forms for changing signatures on all Chapter accounts before July 1.
- Prepare the preliminary Chapter budget based on estimates provided by AMA Phoenix Chapter Board of Directors. Submit to the AMA Phoenix Chapter Board of Directors for approval and revisions. Email a copy of the completed budget to AMA by August 1.
- Submit annually required forms and applications (if necessary) for incorporation and tax exemption. Information is available from AMA. File required tax forms with IRS and other state or local agencies as required.
WordPress Web Development
Responsible for implementing the ongoing development of the AMAPhoenix.org WordPress website in collaboration with other Marketing & Communication volunteers. This role will require in-depth technical knowledge and the ability to effectively work with internal and external stakeholders to further refine our website presence.
Required Time Commitment
Approximately 3-5 Hours per Week
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to capture website requirements.
- Assist in the collection of website content changes or additions.
- Add, modify, or remove website content using WordPress CMS.
- Design and modify the visual layout of website content using WordPress CMS.
- Implement and maintain high-quality SEO policies and optimize website content.
- Regularly review and report on key performance indicators using Google Analytics.
- Regularly backup, update, and maintain settings for WordPress core, plugins, and themes.
- Respond to issues with website functionality.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a web development role
- Advanced web marketing and programming skills–specifically:
- WordPress CMS
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics
- An understanding of APIs
- Web, User Interface (UI), and User Experience (UX) design skills
- Exceptional knowledge of marketing, sales, and development processes
- Strong project management, problem-solving, and analytical thinking skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including documentation
- Solid business acumen, management, and marketing communication skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships working with other AMA Phoenix volunteers
Position Within AMA Phoenix Chapter Structure
- Reporting to VP of Marketing & Communications
- Working closely with Marketing & Communications team
Apply to Volunteer with AMA Phoenix Today!If you want to join a great organization and gain some experience in the non-profit space, become an AMA Phoenix volunteer! We host regular events and have opportunities to grow within our organization. Apply now and our Director of Volunteers will be in touch with you very soon!
"*" indicates required fields